Published on April 13th, 2019
Moving companies helps people and businesses to move their goods from one location to another. Some of the additional services provided by moving companies include packing and loading from the present location and unloading, unpacking and arranging of items in the new location.
Cross country moving companies basically move possessions of people from a country to another country. Getting the top-rated cross country moving companies is the best option for people will to move cross country but the issue is how to identify the best rated. Tips to know the best rated will be given.
Getting companies to move properties across states is easier but when it is across countries, one has to be very sensitive and conscious when choosing moving companies in other to avoid disappointments and property loss or damage.
Below are tips to be considered before choosing a cross country moving company.
- It is advisable to employ the services of two or more companies so that if a company fails to deliver or meet up to your expectations you still have other options to take. Make the companies come to your house to check out the properties and to give you an estimate. If they are not willing to come it’s advisable to drop them. Check some online review sites or testimonials to see if they have any specific strengths or weaknesses.
- Another thing to be considered is that the companies you are choosing must have been in business for at least ten years. It is not advisable to choose a company just starting business. When issues like property damages and failure to deliver on time, the companies can be held responsible.
- Make sure the companies you choose will be doing the movement themselves. If they are giving the job to another company to move, get another company.
- It is important to make sure their trucks are permanently marked with the company’s name. Check out their trucks and storage facility. So it’s good to know as much about they as you can ahead of time because many dishonest and untrustworthy movers usually show up with questionable signs attached to rented trucks.
- It is very important to read and properly understand any documents given. Any document that is not fully explained and constructed properly should not be signed. Neither should blank paperwork be signed. It is better to delay than to regret.
- It’s important to know that every moving company is required by law to provide you with a “Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move” booklet. If they are unable to provide you with the booklet, just forget about the company.
- It is very necessary to take these into consideration before hiring a moving country;
Full company name and any DBA names (doing business as)
How long they have been in business
Phone numbers (local and toll-free)
DOT and MC license numbers
Company web site address
Get references (and call them).
If they are unwilling to provide you with the details or they give you incomplete details, it is advisable to drop them.
- Rogue movers tend to provide low costs and offer free services in order to lure customers. When you choose two or more companies it’s advisable to avoid the mover with the lowest cost.
Here are additional questions to ask the moving companies
- Registration number: Every moving company should have a registration number with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Rates and Estimates: Most cross country moving company’s charges is based on the weight and a distance. If the company’s quote is based on cubic feet, it’s not recommendable.
- Subcontractors: Some cross country movers’ subcontract to a smaller company. If any of the companies you choose will give a subcontractor, don’t hire them.
- Additional fees: Be sure to find out if there will be additional fees. Some companies will charge extra for awkward items and if the new location is not easily accessible.
- Additional transfers: If any of the companies will transfer your properties from a truck to another, avoid them because there’s a risk of property damage.
- Insurance: Insurance is usually provided at an additional cost but it is important to choose a company that offers insurance of your properties.
These are the factors to be taken into consideration before choosing a cross country movers. And also how to determine the best-rated cross country moving companies.