November 29th, 2021 | Updated on June 28th, 2022
Place value is considered to be the best possible description of the position or place of a particular digit into any kind of number.
Every digit has a place in the number and whenever people go with the option of representing the number in generic form the position of every digit will be expanded.
The positions will always begin from the unit place and one can also call it the one’s position. The order of the place value of the digits of a particular number to the right to left will be units, tens, hundreds, 10,000 and so on.
So, understanding the basic concept over here is very much important so that there is no chance of any kind of issue in the whole process.
People need to be clear about the place value chart because this is the only thing that will help in providing people with a clear idea about the positioning of the digits into a particular number and further identification of the positional values is very much important to ensure accuracy in the whole process.
This is considered to be the best possible way of writing the numbers into the usual and sending it from very successfully so that there is no chance of any kind of problem in the whole process.
Kids need to be clear about both of the systems in the form of the Indian system and the international system in the world of place values and numbers so that there is no problem at any point in time.
The basic comparison between the Indian and international systems have been explained as follows:
- Six digit numbers in the cases of the Indian system will be known as 1LAKH and in the cases of the international system will be known as 100THOUSAND.
- The seven-digit numbers in the cases of the Indian system are known as 10LAKHS and the international system it will be known as 1MILLION.
- The 8-digit numbers in the Indian system are known as 1CRORE and in the international system, it is known as 10 MILLION.
- The nine-digit numbers in the cases of the Indian system are known as 10 CRORES and the cases of the international system are known as 100MILLION.
Kids need to be clear about the place value for decimals as well because it will help in providing the kids with a clear-cut idea like:
- Place value will always help in informing the kids about how much each digit stands for
- People always need to use the-whenever they will be writing the two-digit number is greater than 20 whichever digit other than zero at once place.
- The place value chart will always help in providing people with a clear idea about how many hundreds, tens and ones have to be used in the whole process.
Apart from all the above-mentioned points people also need to be very much clear about the concept of place value table so that there is no chance of any kind of problem in the whole process.
Apart from this, another very important concept which kids should know and this will be the value of digit itself into a particular number.
Whether the number is a single digit, double-digit, three digits or any other kind of related thing people always need to be clear about the face value in the whole process.
For example 2, two is the face value and in the cases of 89, the face value of eight and nine will be eight and nine respectively.
Hence, depending upon platforms like Cuemath is the best way of having a good command over the number system without any kind of issue.