May 26th, 2021 | Updated on June 19th, 2021
Google Pixel 4a with 5G – Android Phone gives you the flexibility to change carriers and choose your own data plan; unlocked smartphone works with T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, and other major carriers; not compatible with the Verizon 5G Ultra Wideband network.
5G capable cell phone gives you an extra boost of speed. So you can download a movie in seconds, enjoy smooth streaming in ultra clear HD, play games at home and on the go, and even share your 5G speed with friends.
- Pixel 4a with 5G is the budget-friendly, super fast phone from Google. It has the helpful stuff you need in a smartphone, with an extra boost of 5G speed.
- With Call Screen, Google Assistant filters out detected spammers without interrupting you and provides helpful information about callers you don’t recognize before you answer your phone.
- With HD Google Duo screen sharing, you can read articles, watch live sports, and video chat with friends and family.
- The all day battery can last up to 48 hours with Extreme Battery Saver.
- With 5G, as soon as you hit play, your favorites are ready for you to watch in ultra-clear HD.
- From low-light portraits to starry nights, capture all the details without the flash.
- Average download time was less than sixty seconds. File sizes varied between 449MB and 1.3GB. Download speed depends upon many factors, such as file size, content provider and network connection.
Google Pixel 4a with 5G: Product Description
- Display: 6.2″ FHD+ (1080 x 2340) OLED – 60 Hz refresh rate
- Processing power: Qualcomm[R] Snapdragon[TM] 765G – 2.4 GHz + 2.2 GHz + 1.8 GHz, 64-bit Octa-Core
- Memory and storage: 6 GB LPDDR4x RAM – 128 GB storage
- Camera: Rear: 12 MP – 16 MP ultrawide – Front: 8 MP
- Charging: Fast charging
Review: Android Police
While Google did release a “flagship” Pixel 5 this year, I think the more budget-friendly Pixel 4a 5G has stolen its thunder. The sleeper-hit is basically a bigger Pixel 5 that’s missing a few features, but $200 cheaper.
As with the smaller phone, the Pixel 4a 5G’s matte plastic finish is a bit too finely textured and easily picks up oils from your hands.
In more pure hardware terms, you get 6GB of RAM, and 128GB of storage, which is good enough for a mid-range phone to last a few years
In the box, you get an 18W USB PD Type-C charger, a three-foot cable, a Type-C to Type-A adapter, a SIM-ejector tool, and the usual warranty cards and manuals.
Review: Gadgets 360
The rear camera setup has autofocus. It sports an 8-megapixel camera on the front for selfies with an f/2.0 aperture and a pixel size of 1.12-micron. Connectivity options on the Google Pixel 4a 5G include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth v5.00, NFC, USB Type-C, 3G, and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India).
Review: The Verge
The Google Pixel 4A 5G is a good phone for reasons that have almost nothing to do with the “5G” in the name. One of my favorite software updates is inside Google Photos. On some portrait photos, there is an option to move or change the intensity of a virtual light source to change the lighting on a face.
The Recorder app has a little feature that lets you export short video clips that display the transcription along with the audio.
Aside from the Pixel 4A 5G’s slightly bigger size, it looks nearly identical to the Pixel 4A. They both have a smooth, matte design made out of polycarbonate, or plastic.
The phone’s display is sharp and bright, and easy to view in direct sunlight. Like most phones, the Pixel 4A 5G’s display refreshes at 60 frames per second.
The Pixel 5 and 4A 5G have a Snapdragon 765G processor. It’s a slight upgrade from the Pixel 4A’s Snapdragon 730G chipset, but not as powerful as many other high-end phones, including the Pixel 4’s Snapdragon 855 processor.