Published on May 26th, 2021
Samsung Electronics Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G is a new, revolutionary mobile experience with on-demand expansive viewing, seamless interactivity, and cinematic infinity displays.
- Advanced processor and impressive 12GB RAM give you fast and powerful performance for fluid multitasking and gaming with little lag — and 256GB internal storage gives your cellular phone the space to hold it all.
- Capture hands-free photos and videos from any angle, and control Android apps by using both halves of the large display; Preview on one half and video chat, record, browse, edit, and more on the other screen.
- The latest Galaxy cellphone brings seamless integration of hardware and software, so you can multitask while using multiple apps; Enjoy wireless DeX productivity, which allows you to use a monitor or TV as a second to display for gaming, working, and more.
- Cutting-edge performance, long-lasting battery life, and an expansive 120Hz refresh rate display make Galaxy Z Fold2 5G the perfect addition to any gamer’s arsenal.
- With faster processing power and faster graphic rendering, you get a supercomputer in the palm of your hand.
- Product Dimensions: 6.8 x 6 x 2.6 inches
- Item Weight: 9.9 ounces
- RAM:1 GB
- Wireless communication technologies: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Connectivity technologies: Wireless, Bluetooth
- Display technology: AMOLED
- Other display features: Wireless
- Device interface – primary Touchscreen
- Other camera features: Front, Rear, Video
- Included Components: Travel Adapter, Data Cable, STD Battery, Handset + Cling
The Z Fold 2 isn’t a phone for everyone — its $2,000 (£1,799, AU$2,999) price puts it out of range for many — but it’s a device that deserves and demands your attention. It has Premium look and feel. Hinge mechanism is sturdy and smooth as you open and close the device. However, its inner screen isn’t waterproof, requires special care instructions. Reflection on the screen crease is noticeable when hinge stays open.’
Photography on the Z Fold 2 leaves little to complain about, unless you’ve just used the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra as your primary phone.
The phone can prop itself open from a range of at least 75 to 115 degrees, which means it can become its own stand vertically or horizontally, and some apps can shift to take advantage of the new dimensions.
Review: Tech Radar
There’s really no other phone which will give the same level of bragging rights. That it can transform into a tablet on demand and collapse into a phone otherwise truly feels futuristic.
While the inner display continues to be an engineering marvel, Samsung has also managed to improve its refresh rate, touch and screen-to-body ratio. However, the two major issues from its predecessor continue to persist, just at a much lower degree: the crease and the plasticky feel.
The Fold 2 is a device that invites more usage. Whether stationary or on the go, the device is ready to offer the best experience that a portable device can offer. On the go, users can use the 6.2-inch cover display to take calls and check notifications or browse the internet if they so wish.
The one minor lingering concern I do have, however, is the device’s durability. I was more conscious in my efforts to not drop the device.
The Fold 2 is also not water or dustproof, but as someone who never really treats their smartphones with respect even before that spec became standard for flagship models.